Wednesday 3 April 2013

Sun, glorious sun


A beautiful sunny day to stroll the streets of Paris. Yes, I stopped for coffee - see below - and I bought an almond croissant to eat for lunch in the park. Stopped at a patisserie to purchase a box of macarons, those delicate meringue cookies (that word just doesn't do them justice!) Did lots and lots of window shopping, including at the big department store Bon Marche, but despite its name, there were no bargains to be had. Came across a "Canadian" bar on the way home and couldn't resists checking it out. Indeed, the bar girl was Canadian, and they sell Moosehead. But I had a Guinness. So yes, in Paris, at a Canadian bar, drinking Irish beer. And now watching BBC news whilst sampling macarons.



Art nouveau chic - but too chilly in the shade.



Sticker shock - but sunny here
Ever wonder what French kids eat for lunch? Looks like plain old sandwiches to me :)

This was the view from my bench.

Signs of spring

Delicate meringue on each side, with intensely flavoured filling in between. So many flavours. I bought a box of 12.

So hard to choose.




Not all French women wear black. Think she knew I was taking her pic?



















 
The walls have teeth......grrrrr.
And if you thought those teeth were intimidating. I think you need an appointment to get in this door!!


















Looked very pretty before I ate several :)


No comments:

Post a Comment