Tuesday 16 December 2014

Uneasy times

I guess it's no surprise that there should be increased security around Paris. The tragedies in Sydney and Pakistan are all over the headlines, and on the television I hear frequent reference to "Ottawa and Montreal". I set out for a short walk, and got back to my apartment 7 hours later. Good thing I brought happy pills with me - the only thing that keeps me walking some days!
One of many well-armed police in Paris - this one just at my corner.

At noon the sign boards come out  to tempt passers by

Very different from Canadian menus!

Her baguettes were held as if they were her baby :))

On this street I noticed a series of shops all with the same name.....

The shops were spread along the street, each one specializing in a different sort of merchandise, but all second hand.

I thought of my beautiful niece Robin Morrow when I saw the ladies store :) She loves to shop this type of store

Even the dogs shop at Chercheminippes

I was very tempted by this lovely blanket, but I could hear Saroj saying in my ear "it's made in India" :))

I searched out this store because it's supposed to have some of the best macarons in Paris.

I got a box of 6 for Veronique.....

...her special request for Xmas. I'll try some other famous brands as well :)

Mannequin?  Nope - cleaning lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment