Wednesday 10 December 2014

Paris skies

Clear skies and bright sunshine on Tuesday. I can't get enough of the Paris architecture - especially, I love the limestone buildings with lead roofs and lots of wrought iron railings :) I wandered back to the neighbourhood I stayed in during my last visit - had onion soup and yes, more 'vin chaud'. The hot, mulled wine is for sale everywhere, including at the Xmas markets, and people walk along the street, sipping from their plastic cups :) 




Beautiful building across the street - I love this view


Les Invalides - Napoleon's resting place - just a block from my apartment. The roof is bright gold.

Yes, nore limestone and wrought iron :)

Animated window of Bon Marche department store - mail boxes for Santa letters

Except of course, he's Pere Noel here!

Le Bon Marche - famous for it's high end food market, similar to Harrods. The whole food area has been renovated since I last saw it - much fancier then before even.  You can buy specialty foods from all over the world - caviar, oysters, Kobe beef, etc. etc.

I went looking for the St. Sulpice Xmas market - nothing there but sunshine....

.....guys with weird haircuts.....

...and of course St. Sulpice itself :)

Found the Xmas market at Place St Germain des Pres, and chatted with the maker of these lavender wands and balls. He said he hadn't met anyone before who knew how to make these.

The balls look tricky, but I'd like to try and make one.

Such cute street names :)

The famous Procope restaurant, opened in the 1600's, and visited by many famous people whose pictures and autographs line the walls inside. Very expensive though - and definitely falling into the street!!

Had a bowl of onion soup at Place St Andre des Arts, looking up at my apartment from last visit - the balcony at the top.





Oh yes - got my hair cut. He chopped a lot off!

No comments:

Post a Comment